Buying a Home in Fairfield County
Experienced Greenwich, CT Real Estate Lawyers
Fairfield County offers its residents an exceptional selection of properties, outstanding public and private schools, superb restaurants, great shopping and excellent community services. With the precise knowledge and professional help provided by our real estate attorneys, your home buying experience can be enjoyable and stress free.
We work closely with your real estate broker to ensure that you understand each step of your real estate transaction. In addition, we interact on your behalf with banks, title companies, local Planning and Zoning boards and a host of other entities, to make sure that your matter is in order and that your closing takes place as planned, on time and with no last minute surprises.
The following example will assist you in understanding closing costs related to a typical home purchase in Greenwich, CT:
- Estimated Title Insurance Premium - $3,190
- Estimated Title Search Fee - $600
Town of Greenwich Taxes are due on July 1 and January 1 of each year. The adjustment (usually in favor of the Seller) is calculated on a per diem basis and is adjusted from the day of closing through either December 31 or June 30, depending on the closing date
Recording fees are $53.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page of any document (i.e., Warranty Deed, Mortgage Deed) being recorded.
Fuel oil, propane gas – credit to Seller.
Estimated Bank Fees:
- Prepaid interest based on the amount of mortgage and interest rate and calculated from the day of closing through the end of the month.
- Tax escrow based on the monthly amount of real estate taxes (if required by lender).
- Hazard insurance escrow based on the monthly amount of homeowner’s insurance (if required by lender).
- Homeowner’s insurance premium for one year.
- Processing fee - $500
- Appraisal fee - $500 (per appraisal)
- Credit Report - $30
- Flood Certification - $30
- Tax service fee - $85
- Bank fee - $500
- Attorney’s fees – to be negotiated
Contact Ivey, Barnum & O'Mara, LLC for more information about real estate matters throughout the State of Connecticut.